Connect Your Students to A NASA Mission and Concepts of Big Data
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Big Data is all around us and it is important to teach students how to not only find it, analyze it, and make predictions about the data, but also how to share their findings and contribute to real world research as citizen scientists. Join ISTE faculty Ben Smith and Jared Mader in an ISTE/NASA virtual workshop on Wed., December 7 at 3:30 pm PT/6:30 pm ET for an in-depth walk through of free ISTE/NASA created curriculum and teacher guides designed to help students learn about NASA’s Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) mission. Connect your students to a NASA mission with authentic real world application.
Educators can use these resources to:
- Help students learn more about NASA's missions through a variety of inquiry and engineering-based experiences primarily for grades 4-8.
- Engage students in ISTE Standards-ready research and engineering-design activities.
- Seamlessly connect students to scientific study with real-world significance.
- Drive computational thinking skills.
- Enable students to become a citizen scientist.
Participate in the discussion by joining the Google Group...